Value Stream Mapping with AltoChange is a Lean-Management method and tool for analyzing the current state and designing a future state for the series of events that take a product or service from its beginning through to the customer. AltoChange VSM tool can be applied to nearly any value chain such as services, production, IT and data transfer analysis.
Using the AltoChange VSM tool helps in:
1. Planning and preparation. Identify the target product family or service. Create a charter, define the problem, set the goals and objectives, and select the mapping team. Socialize the charter with the leadership team.
2. Draw while on the shop floor or office a current state value stream map, which shows the current steps, delays, and information flows required to deliver the target product or service. This may be a production flow (raw materials to consumer) or a design flow (concept to launch).
3. Assess the current state value stream map in terms of creating flow by eliminating waste.
4. Draw a future state value stream map in AltoChange.com.
5. Work toward the future state condition based on the VSM in AltoChange.